5 Things You Didn't Know About Chinese Men
1. Chinese Men don't like grey hair. I'm guessing most Chinese men dye their hair because you see very few middle aged men with white or grey hairs, and then all the sudden the old men are grey/white.
2. Chinese men have no problem with stopping on the side of the highway and peeing into the ditch. Imagine driving down your local 8 lane freeway and stopping in the emergency lane to take a pee into the ditch. This happens in Beijing probably hundreds of times each day. They don't even try to hide it. I'm not sure why they can't hold it, it isn't like they are in the middle of nowhere, but they don't.
3. Chinese Men love fancy handbags. I'm not talking about a briefcase, or a satchel, or even a fanny pack, I'm talking about a full blown, large name brand handbag. I saw a guy the other day wearing one similar to this.
Now before anyone gets too excited, I do realize that men all over the world probably have handbags, but this isn't what I'm used to. American men I know don't carry about Louis Vuitton $5,800 handbags Especially one so expensive or big! I'm not really sure what they care in it?
4. Chinese men don't wear facial hair. AT ALL! I've seen 1 guy with a mustache since I've been here and it was at the airport so he wasn't necessarily Chinese, just of Asian origin. I'm not sure if this is because they can't grow facial hair or if they don't like it. I'm curious though!
5. Spitting in China. To be fair this isn't only men, but the majority of the time it is the men. Men spit and blow their noses just about anywhere here. They will spend forever hawking and clearing their throat and then just blow it all in the middle of the sidewalk or on the floor at the market. I don't think Chinese people use tissues for their noses. When I walk, I am most often looking to avoid mucus, dog poop, and pee. I think it is the most unsanitary habit, but am told that culturally they think it is a good thing to clear their lungs so they do it anywhere.